English Invasion

Hi! I'm an English teacher and this blog is my way to communicate with my students' planet! English is the official language in...

giovedì 7 novembre 2019

GRAMMAR INVASION_SUBJECT PRONOUNS AND POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES





Subject Pronouns (Pronomi personali soggetto)
Subject pronouns are used when the pronoun is the subject of the sentence.

Singular Subject Pronouns
I
- I bought a new bike.
You - You told me you would be busy.
He - James is intelligent and he is funny.
She - She wears a uniform to school.
It - The dog is big but it is friendly.

Plural Subject Pronouns
We
- We both love learning English.
You - Do you have any free time?
They - They went to the park.









Possessive Adjectives (aggettivi possessivi)

They are used to show possession or ownership of something.
Possessive adjectives function as adjectives, so they don't change and they are ALWAYS before the noun.

Singular Possessive Adjectives

My - This is my brother.
Your - Where is your homework?
His - His car is parked outside.
Her - Have you seen her new phone?
Its - The house has its own garage.

Plural Possessive Adjectives
Our
- Jenna is our hardest working employee.
Your - How often do you wash your dog?
Their - It was their decision to cancel the meeting.





EXTRA HOMEWORK CHECK IT OUT!!
Subject pronouns and verb to be

Possessive adjectives and verb to be

Possessive adjectives


Over and out.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento